Your strategic advisors
We do this work because we love the work you do.
Our team has 50+ collective years of experience helping organizations become stronger and get results towards your mission. All work is completed by our full-time staff, and our clients benefit from our collective experience and expertise.
Need an experienced consultant, a trusted advisor, a dynamic trainer? Do you prefer to work with someone who has spent time in your shoes and has dedicated their careers to nonprofit management and public administration? We just might be who you’ve been looking for.
- Founded Conservation Impact in 1996
- Consulted with more than 1,000 nonprofits and agencies nationwide, in Canada, and in the Philippines
- Developed and managed two revenue-generating enterprises of nonprofit institutions as well as Colorado’s 14 Small Business Development Centers
- Developed and managed parks and recreation technical assistance centers in a 10-state region and a statewide technical assistance program serving juvenile justice organizations
- Served as adjunct faculty member in the Masters of Nonprofit Management Program at Regis University, as a visiting professor at College of the Atlantic, and as an adjunct professor at the Colorado School for Public Health
- Master of Public Administration with nonprofit emphasis – University of Colorado Denver
- Bachelor of Arts in environmental conservation – University of Colorado Denver
The founder of Conservation Impact and Nonprofit Impact, Shelli brings 35 years of experience in nonprofit management, technical assistance, training, and consulting, helping clients cut through the noise and produce powerful results. Clients love Shelli’s direct, truth-telling style and no-nonsense approach as she helps them focus on the “business of the business” and challenges them to be even more potent and powerful than they imagined they could be.More
With 20 years of experience working for and consulting with nonprofits and public agencies, Karen brings expertise in business planning, strategic fundraising and marketing, and volunteer and board development. Her background in donor development allows Karen to create a unique connection with each client. She is adept at solving complex problems and passionately challenges her clients to be the best that they can be.More
- Developed business, strategic, marketing, and fundraising plans for over 80 local, regional, national, and international nonprofits around the country
- Recruited, trained, and supervised over 500 volunteers, including high-level board and committee volunteers
- Planned and implemented 100+ fundraising events for local, state, and national audiences
- Created comprehensive marketing and donor communication campaigns
- Invited to lead workshops and provide keynote addresses at state and national conferences
- Lead instructor for the High Impact Manager and Nonprofit CEO live virtual cohorts
- Adjunct professor at the Colorado School for Public Health
- Master of Nonprofit Management, with honors – Regis University
- Colorado Trust Fellowship, Class of 1997
- Bachelor of Arts in sociology – University of Colorado Boulder
Lisa taps her extensive experience working with a variety of companies and nonprofit organizations to create a work environment that is effective, high-functioning, productive, and has a deep sense of camaraderie. Her organizational skills, design sense, and attention to detail ensure that all content is top quality and useful for Conservation Impact and Nonprofit Impact’s clients.More
- Managed office operations ranging from small, local organizations to large regional and national companies
- Coordinated, designed, and delivered workforce training programs
- Served on multiple governing boards and held executive and volunteer positions with nonprofits working on education, health, and homelessness issues
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology – University of Colorado Boulder
Our Integrated Approach
Get to know the professionals who will guide next level success and be your trusted advisers.